About the Job
|Job Location:||Varies by event|
|Availability:||Ticket Takers must be available to work evenings and weekends.
|Job Function:||This position provides patron assistance during WVU events (concerts, performing
arts, etc.). Ticket Takers determine the validity of each patron's ticket
as he/she enters the venue.
• Excellent customer service skills
• Problem-solving skills
• Excellent communications skills
• Minimum of 2.0 cumulative GPA
• WVU full-time student status
• Greet patrons as they enter the venue
• Verify the validity of the patron's ticket as he/she enters the venue
• Present a positive and professional image as a WVU Arts & Entertainment and West Virginia University representative
• Enforce facility policies
• Advise patrons of the locations of facility amenities and services.
• Implement emergency procedures as the need arises
• Assist with the cleanup of the facility at the conclusion of the event
• Adhere to event dress code
• Attend staff training and staff meetings
• Work scheduled shift as assigned
• Perform additional duties as assigned by supervisor
For more information about event staff positions, call 304-293-2776 or email AEJobs@mail.wvu.edu.