About the Job
|Job Location:||Varies by event|
|Availability:||Ushers must be available to work evenings and weekends.
|Job Function:||This position provides patron assistance during WVU events (concerts, performing
arts, etc.). Ushers seat patrons as well as guide them to facilities and
amenities in the venue. In emergency situations, ushers will evacuate patrons
from the venue.
• Excellent customer service skills
• Problem-solving skills
• Excellent communications skills
• Minimum of 2.0 cumulative GPA
• WVU full-time student status
• Greet patrons as they enter the venue
• Present a positive and professional image as a WVU Arts & Entertainment and West Virginia University representative
• Verify the validity of the patron's ticket as he/she enters a particular section of the venue.
• Help patrons to locate their proper seats.
• Resolve any conflicts relating to patron behavior that may arise during a performance.
• Enforce facility policies
• Advise patrons of the locations of facility amenities and services.
• Implement emergency procedures as the need arises
• Assist with the cleanup of the facility at the conclusion of the event
• Adhere to event dress code
• Attend staff training and staff meetings
• Work scheduled shift as assigned
• Perform additional duties as assigned by supervisor
For more information about event staff positions, email AEJobs@mail.wvu.edu.